Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Wish Big Card

So I have been playing with the print and cut feature in Design Space.  I am torn on how I feel about it.  First off it cuts the images perfectly which is awesome!!   Plus it is nice to have access to all the Imagine cartridges at once.  The cons though...I can't use safari to do a print and cut it comes out way to small so I have to use firefox which isn't terrible except that I always use safari.  You also can't print and cut anything bigger than 6" wide even if you have a wide format printer:(  Also when you try to print the papers they come out with lines through them because it has them in tiles.  So if you try to fill an image it will have lines.  The only images I didn't get lines in were the stock images.  So no printing sheets of DP. You also can't remove the registration lines even if you only want to print not cut so it is really wasteful to try to print paper for backgrounds or to cut something out.

Okay enough about all my issues.  This card was made with the Explore and the Imagine More cartridge.  I printed the background paper and the cow and her head is on foam tape and here body is on an action wobble.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! I love the bull!! How fun he's on a wobble!! Totally makes me smile!! I haven't used my Explore enough...poor thing just sits on a shelf. I need to use it more. I have so much money invested in cartridges and the machine itself. I wish the print and cut feature worked better. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Hehe, this is so adorable! I love the spotted body and that grin...so fun! Awesome design Gwen! I love my Silhouette for the print and cut~super easy to use! No idea on the Cricut Explore...mine is still in the box, lol!
Sherrie K